Pages

Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

MUNICH, Germany- being in Beautiful Bavaria


Germany was amazing. I absolutely loved listening to Germans speak.
The only new thing I learned how to say was "Ich liebe es" which means "I'm loving it" ahaha it was the logo on the McDonald's which is very popular overseas as well :)
Our first stop in Germany was Munich where we stayed at the affordable 'Hotel Maria' for three days.
Some of us took an optional excursion to see the Dachau concentration camp which was extremely sad and dark but part of history nonetheless, that was around an hour drive away from our hotel.
 (Dachau)
In this part of Munich it is very quiet with coffee shops, markets, internet cafes (LIFE savers :) ) and laundromats. A very quaint place. However, our hotel was just a quick walk away from the metro station and a popular Munich club (which played random American music from current hits to very old oldies, similar to "Happy Days", it was hilarious to watch Germans dance)..
I loved touring downtown Munich and seeing the famous Glokenspiel and exploring and looking at different shops.
 
(The Munich Glokenspiel)
(Kaylyn and I enjoying our wheat beer)
( a tasty genuine German meatloaf/sausage meal at "Brauhaus" where the waiters and waitresses dress like true Helga's and Franz :) )


MUST DOs in Munich: Well if its October you better checkout Octoberfest! If not there is a plentiful variety. First of all you must consume genuine German wheat beer-it is super tasty!

You also must see the Glokenspiel, Dachau and eat some meatloaf. Also many of our groupies went to "Hofbrauhaus"and loved it.
**My must buy for Munich was a true german mug for my dad officially "made in Germany" their price ranges vary from 5E to 15E, for great quality. Of course there are other mugs that are much more expensive..

No comments:

Post a Comment