Pages

Translate

Monday, May 14, 2012

Helsinki yesplease, Finland

Wow I lovvvvvved this place. Helsinki was so beautiful. I felt like I was in NYC. Parks around the city. People performing, people sitting and reading, people tanning-people everywhere just doing their thing. It was very cool to observe so many Finnish in their indigenous habitats ;). I feel like people in Scandinavia are all outdoor lovers. So many people running, biking, boating-just outside enjoying the weather and exercising. I really admire their lifestyle and their beautiful country. Scandinavia was extremely clean everywhere we went; Denmark, Sweden and Finland.







Nice and clean! But do they pay for it, literally with their crazy-high taxes!





Tuomiokirkko Church, Helsinki/Helsinki Cathedral


Inside Helsinki Cathedral



The Jean Sibelius Monument, Helsinki

My new organ hat- tres chic


Rock Church

What a life :) lucky duck

I love this park, it reminded me a lot of central park, some hustle and bustle spots but also more quiet-calmer areas-a bit of everything, it was right near the large market. Mike and I just hung out and did some people watching, had some ice cream, it was very relaxing :)

Helllllo Helsinki!

In Market Square I got babushka earring and a broche. I am obsessed. I also got some beautiful clay jewelry :) Definitely a great place to go for unique and local finds! :)
 
Flowers Flowers Everywhere! This was in the market :)
Uspensky Cathedral
Uspensky resting atop a Finnish hill :)

holy guacamole, this was a bit of a hike and it was almost florida hot that day too, but well worth it :)
Uspensky Cathedral :) So beautiful and ornate inside!

Inside Uspensky Cathedral-gorgeoussss but alas with no AC-it was super hot!


:), the market where I got my babushkah pin (on my shirt)

A nice little treat on a hot Helsinki Day :)


Old meets New, around downtown Helsinki
MUST DOs:
Helsinki Cathedral
Uspensky Cathedral
Rock Church
Sibelius Organ Park
Market Square (buy something :) )
Helsinki's Park
Frolic about!! :)


2 comments: