Pages

Translate

Thursday, February 11, 2010

BARCELONA, Espana O Spain



(Alana and I in Barcelona)

Barcelona felt like home. The weather was nice and humid-the polar opposite of Amsterdam. Our first night a group of us explored the Barcelona near our hotel. We wound up at this really cute restaurant but smoking was rampant so Alana and I decided to go to another restaurant. I wanted to use my spanish so bad but they speak Cataloynian anyways in Barcelona and when I tried the adorable Spanish man saved me the trouble and spoke to us in English haha. We ended up at a Chinese restaurant :). AND it was delicious. We split a huge pitcher of Sangria ( I will miss this aspect of Europe greatly until I am 21 in the US) which was absolutely deliciously divine. We had a good meal and were ready for the next day which was jammed packed. We toured Barcelona by bus and stopped at the Gaudi Gardens (where Gaudi resided) which were=magic, we all had a lot of fun taking great pics and just soaking all of his art in. Then we headed to his famed cathedral which has been under construction for forever and I still don't know its completion date.


(Gaudi's Cathedral, breathtaking in person)
(typical colorful graffiti dispersed throughout the city, fun for girly photoshoots, which is what we did :) ) 
 
(In Figueres @ the Dali Ticket Kiosk!)


(where Dali grew up :) )
(a Downtown Barcelona alleyway)
(one of the many Gaudi buildings throughout Barcelona)


MUST DOs: brush up on your Catalonian :), experience the Barcelona market!, Antoni Gaudi home/gardens, Gaudi Cathedral, Spanish Bull Arena, Drink Sangria!, Eat Tapas, Dali Museum (Figueres), walk around and get lost, buy a Spanish bag

(alana modeling my cartera (purse) purchase (E15=15 euros, a steal!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment